- Sugar cookies
- royal icing
- Brown piping icing – for nostrils and smile
- 15 seconds brown flood icing
- 15 seconds Ivory icing-
- 15 seconds red icing- flower template
- 15 seconds pink icing – for flower template and monkey ears
- 15 seconds black icing
- 15 seconds white icing- eyes
- Flower transfers– template from bearfoot baker
- Eye transfers– template from bearfoot baker
Cut out the the monkey shapes by using a 3 inch round cutter. Cut out another small round, make in half and attach the semi circles as ears to the big 3 inch circle. I didn’t have a monkey face cutter so made my own. Bake and cool completely.
Make the eye and flower transfers a day before decorating the cookies. Click here for a tutorial on how to make transfers.
Outline the monkey face in brown and let it set for 20 minutes or so. Then, fill the mouth area with ivory flood icing. Fill in the ear area with pink flood icing. Let this dry for 2 to 3 hours at least before adding the brown flood icing for the entire face (dry under a fan). I am always worried about colors bleeding into one another.
Flood the entire cookie with brown flood icing. Let this dry for another 4 to 5 hours. Then, stick the eyes by using a little icing on the back. Pipe a white dot on them.
Stick the flower too using the same method like you did for the eyes.
Pipe a smile and nostrils with brown icing.