Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies- recipe by Ina Garten
Sorry to all my fellow bloggers whose blogs I haven’t been able to visit or emails I haven’t responded to. I’ve had house guests all week. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your encouraging comments. I really appreciate it.
I baked these cookies as a special treat for my guests and they were a hit! The double chocolate – rich dark cocoa and white chocolate chunks – make this an irresistible treat ! Chewy on the inside, crunchy and crisp on the outside. You can even create a tasty ice cream sandwich by simply sandwiching vanilla ice cream between two cookies with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 2/3 cup good unsweetened cocoa ( I used Pernigotti cocoa powder)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds good white chocolate coarsely chopped (I used Lindt white chocolate)
Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon. Dampen your hands and flatten the dough slightly. Bake for exactly 15 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone).