This is one of the easiest Chickpea recipe’s I have ever come across and is a big hit with all my friends.
- 1 big cup dry chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 2 medium size onions chopped fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder “Jeera”
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric “haldi”
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste “Imli”or soak tamarind in water, squeeze the water out and use this.
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
Add water for gravy and pressure cook (3 whistles). If you don’t have a pressure cooker, simply add hot water, cover and cook on medium high for 20-25 minutes. After it’s cooked, add tamarind paste. Top with “garam” masala.