Green Herb Dip – recipe by Ina Garten (makes 2 cups)
We love to entertain and our friends come over almost every weekend. Because we entertain so much I like to keep things simple. That is the best thing about this dish. It’s quick, easy and so refreshing. Make ahead and keep it in the fridge till your guests arrive. I like to serve this with English cucumber, baby carrots and grape tomatoes.
The dip has such a creamy, light and fresh taste that I could eat it just plain.
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts ( 3 scallions)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper in the bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse 10 to 12 times, until just blended, but not pureed. Serve at room temperature.